Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nursery under $50.00 less than 24 hours (day 2)

Day Two:
We placed a border of tape 5" from the ceiling all the way around the room.
I painted the top border and the ceiling with the same white as the chair rail using the Shur Line tool.
This tool is great for wall corners as well as ceiling borders. The corners proved to be an issue due to the shape of the tool and our distance from the ceiling. Otherwise, this was the most used tool that we purchased.
After the paint dried, I used the same color/sponge combo from the chair rail See (Day 1). She applied the black polka dots to the ceiling, followed by the green, then the pink. The ceiling turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the room.

We then taped 1/2 up from the top of the tape to create a border after the polka dots dried.
Then, I painted the area between the tapes with the black suede paint sample. I used another Shur Line touch up tool, that worked out pretty well.

And once the paint dried, we peeled the two layers of tape off and had a beautiful black stripe! =)











The ceiling was done, as well as both wall borders. However, the light cover did not match. So we polka-dotted that too. =)










With the walls and ceiling done, it was time to move onto the details in the accessories.







I found out that Alishia had a small wooden chair I decided we were going to use it. First we painted it white. I wanted to bring some of the upper decor to the bottom of the room. So...


We added the infamous polka dots:


Then I painted the front rungs New Violet and the side rungs Scotland Isle Green.


I taped around the edges of the brackets and then painted them green.

I added some of the same butterfly decals also used in the framed collages we made on Day 1.

The completed chair:




I measured and hung the framed collages above the chair rail.

Then I added decals with the words "Faith, Love, and Hope" below, above and below the frames.

THE FINAL TOUCH:

I added five of the same butterflies from the chair rail to random sections of the ceiling. 



With this, the room is complete. All that is left is cleanup and bedding. The baby shower is in 3 days, so hopefully with any luck she will receive the bedding set she is wishing for. =)

Here are two panoramic photos of the whole room we put together for you to get the full effect of the nursery. (Please keep in mind that these are panoramic views, and the lines are actually straight, the camera just makes them look bowed)



So here is a $50.00 baby room make over. Much love and many thanks Alishia for letting me get my creative juices flowing and allowing me to take the wheel and see where my mind would lead me.


 Congratulations Steven and Alishia Owens on your soon to be New Arrival.   
 Under $50.00 and 20 hours
 



No comments:

Post a Comment